Friday, March 23, 2012

I kept running..........

Taken from "A Place at the Table", by Chris Seay: "Are you tired? Frustrated by failures or meaningless tasks? You might think it is because you are doing too much, but what if it is because you are busy doing all the wrong things?"

Is this guy answering my heart's not yet fully formed, nor expressed questions?

Jesus says, "Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Put my yoke upon your shoulders--it might appear heavy at first, but it is perfectly fitted to your curves. Learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart. When you are yoked to me, your weary souls will find rest. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

The yoke of Jesus is the work he has for us to do.....

I have been so tired...so much that I even inwardly I feel paralyzed much of the time. I feel weary and protective of myself and this state that I am in. The other day I went with my two sons to the walking park. I was very tired when I began to walk. My son came up beside me and suggested we run together. I explained that I am physically tired today, there should be no running. I hadn't even had breakfast that morning. In true form, he suggested we run again and since he really rarely wants to walk or run with me, I agreed, but said I could only go a little ways. You see I am not a runner to begin with. I don't really like it except in short bursts and to run even one mile these days is the best I could do, if that. We started running-- and I kept going. At first my son made light of me. 'You're going so slow, Mom! Do you call that running?" I laughed and I kept running. When my son finally needed to quit,I kept running! The Lord showed me a clear picture of the strength that might be there, waiting for me to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.