Sunday, July 8, 2012

Beautiful You

I blatantly stole the title of the song that I shared below for my post. I am not ashamed.

Yesterday, while listening to this song, among others, and doing kitchen work, a fire broke out on the mountain in front of our farm. We are in the midst of a drought and fire is no laughing matter around here.   I watched the smoke ascending in plumes of gray from my front porch.  Inspired by the fire, I decided to water the flowers....( I know, sounds crazy) figuring a little water around my house couldn't hurt.  As I was watering, a call came conveying the need to leave the house; the fire was headed toward us and it wasn't more than half a mile away.  Funny, how  narrow my focus became after getting this news.  With my home and all of my worldly goods in immediate danger,  I called my son Jack, who was the only other one with me that afternoon, I gathered our three small house dogs, and I took the green and white book that holds all of the notes that I have been writing down as the Lord speaks to me about our life, especially our call to adopt, and the events that have been markers for me in that journey.  Markers that I go back to time again when I doubt the call or am discouraged about the waiting and wondering how it will all work out.   Jack and I said a prayer for our home and drove away hoping to escape the flames that were heading down the hill towards us.  And that was it.  We could have went to a relative's house to wait, but instead went to Gar Creek where we could turn back at a safe distance and watch as the fire trucks raced by, one after another, heading towards the spectacle of smoke rising.   

An hour later, we were back at home, the flames had changed direction and burned up a stretch of unoccupied field and forest land, only taking some barns and a neighbor's tractor in it's assault.  As I pulled into the driveway, enjoying the sight of the little farm all surrounded by the dry and brittle grass, I let the dogs pounce safely out  onto the driveway, and my son, Jack, ran inside.  I grabbed my treasure; the green and white book, and carried it back to it's spot on the shelf....all full of my hopes and dreams for His plans to emerge into our reality.  

Today, I was thinking of the fire.   I was thinking of the sudden urgency to leave, the hurry to escape, and for just a second, to decide what valuables I would  gather from our house.  I laughed w/ pleasure at the place He has brought us to in this life.  That place where our treasures are not earthly, can not be bought, or sold, and hold no value to anyone but us.  My only treasure worth the few seconds of time that I had ended up being the green and white book ....the memories and accounts of His work in our lives.   Awesome!

-------------------------------------------------------------------My worship song to Him for keeping us from the fire and giving us a home to come back to.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.   Lyrics first, then click link below:  

All the oceans and the seas know the sound of Your beautiful voice.
And if You tell them to be calm and be still they have no other choice.
You put the stars in the sky and then You taught them to shine.
They know just what to do.
Every morning's a symphony that's perfectly timed by beautiful You.

Chorus
Beautiful You. I can't imagine life without You.
Beautiful You. I can't imagine being alone.
Beautiful You. God all I ever want to do is have You hold me in Your arms.
Beautiful You.

All the waterfalls know just where to fall brilliant every time.
And when it rains You are behind it all with gentle rhythm and rhyme.
Mountains high know Your voice and they are ready to move where You tell them to.
With all my heart I believe that power lives in me because of beautiful You.
Chorus

Every ocean, every sea, every morning's a symphony.
Every drop of rain, every waterfall, all the stars in the sky are so beautiful.
Every breath I breathe, every beat of my heart. I feel so alive because of who You are.
Every day I rise, every time I sing I'm reminded of Your great love for me.
You're beautiful, so beautiful.

Click the link below and hear it for yourself.  You may love it. ♥



4 comments:

  1. I love the song AND especially the testimony!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it, Renee! I have played it so much here off of you tube, I fear a mutiny. :) ha,ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this song and LOVE it....thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing you here on this blog spot, Aunt Leanna. Love you. Glad you liked the song. Tim met the singer, Trent Monk this past weekend and asked if we could use it as background to a video we are making 'round here. He said "yes!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.