Sunday, August 19, 2012

On Hearing and Being........

My cousin, Cetreda, who is a Jesus loving woman, shared this video on FB yesterday.  I purposed to save it for a post on Sunday.  It will pull you deep in if you let it....  Enjoy as you read.oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo And I'm thinking, "there it is again"....those words beckoning again about it, that subject finding it's way to my ears.  I do know what to make of it and it is riveting to me.  This idea that has become reality for so many through the ages, and could be for any who would come to Him and believe.  He invites you to believe, and I invite you too.   The beauty of being one with God. This was His passion for us, to dwell/live in us.  Amazing!  Completely stag-ger-ing-ly amazing.  Think of it;   He is God and what does He really need in heaven or earth?  His desire is to have us as His own.  The singers of this song stay on the chorus so long that you almost begin to feel uneasy.......they just stay at it......just keep singing it.  "Come be the fire inside of me, come be the flame upon my heart, until You and I are one."  My heart has been singing this song for days and it delighted me to hear words and music that expressed it.    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo John 17:23  I in them (us), and You in me........... Jesus' prayer to the Father.  That we would be one with Jesus and Jesus with the Father.   And because of His kindness He's been exposing the "hissing" that I often hear and sometimes believe.  Lies that keep me from Him and others.  Lies that say He doesn't want to be "this" close to you.  He loves you, but........ Or, those that say that I am not as capable, not as "called" to some works that I love, not full of wisdom and words to help others with , and the like.  The hissing that has made me hold back much of my life. 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
"If the enemy's voice is like hissing, then what can I call Your voice, my Father?"   A few days passing and I settle on  "whispers" and "coos" (like a dove).     Later while walking in prayer I heard Him say, "Stop".  Closing  my eyes, standing, waiting.........but nothing comes.  A rooster calls behind me, a song bird sang from the other side of the thicket.  I heard the sneeze of a goat,  a dog's happy bark, and more birds.  Nothing happened so I just stood, enjoying the sounds.  Opening my eyes, I walked on.  Later in the day, an email came with love from another cousin......it began like this:    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo    Whispers  oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo     The man whispered, "God, speak to me" and a meadowlark sang. But the man did not listen.    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 
So the man yelled, "God, speak to me" and the thunder rolled across the sky. But the man did not listen.   oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    The words went on in a similar way as the man begged to hear from God, but didn't have faith to accept God's voice in the many ways that He was answering him.     ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo   That beautiful VOICE....may we always hear it strong.  He in us and we in Him.   ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo     The voice of the Lord is upon the waters; the God of glory thunders; the Lord is upon many (great) waters. Psalm 29: 3 ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo      The voice of the Lord makes the hinds bring forth their young, and His voice strips bare the forests, while in His temple everyone is saying, Glory! Psalm 29: 9     ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo   The mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting. Psalm 50: 1      oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  And behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the east and His voice was like the sound of many waters, and the earth shone with His glory. Ezekiel 43: 2   oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 

John 10:27

My sheep respond as they hear my voice; I know them intimately and they follow me. (The Voice Translation) 


2 comments:

  1. I love how God spoke to you and affirmed it all for you. I too don't want to waste any more time in doubt or lacking confidence to live like He wants me to. Praying for you and me.

    I miss you and thought several times last week that I should call you, then I thought that was weird, missing someone you hardly know...but I did and just thought I should say so. ;-)

    thanks for sharing.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. And to be missed --well, that is just too good. I am glad you have my number to call.... :) If you feel the same way this week, please do. I was so encouraged and challenged by your words last time we chatted --- it is still reverberating in my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.