Friday, December 14, 2012

Borrrowed Words on Faith

Taken from the devotional, Morning by Morning by C.H. Spurgeon. 

November 12

 Faith untried may be true faith, but it is sure to be little faith.  It is likely to remain stunted as long as it is without trials.  Faith never prospers so well as when all things are against her.  Tempests are her trainers, and lightnings are her illuminators When calm reigns on the sea, spread the sails as you will, the ship will not move to it's harbor.  But let the howling winds rush forth and rock the vessel  until her deck is washed with waves  and her mast sways under the pressure of the full and swelling sail.  It is then that she makes headway toward her desired haven.   No faith is so precious as that  which lives and triumphs in adversity.  

Faith increases in solidity, assurance, and intensity the more it is exercised with tribulation.  Faith is precious and it's trial is precious too. 




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Rhonda, we seem to share many of the same feelings about hoping to adopt only I have a few years on you. I'm 51 and my husbnd is 53 and the clock is ticking. Realizing the situation with parentless chldren happened for me last year soon after our first grandchild was born. Soon after I came upon the RR website and I started to see the difference between our newborn grandson who had all the love, support and material things he could ever want and a child who had nothing but a crib in EE. As I read more about the orphan situation of the world the more I felt compelled that I had to do something, something big but as much as I thought I was called to adopt my family did not. Except for my oldest daughter who is concerned about the world in general none of my other three grown children though it was a good idea and neither did my husband. Sometimes I feel very alone in this and it's the hardest road I've ever been on. Here is my blog in case you care to read http://lovepinkroses.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, I've been spending some time at "your place" this morning. So happy to meet you. Thank you for popping in here and saying "hello".

      One of my dearest friends and her husband adopted 2 this year and she is the same age as you. She said if they had started earlier, they may have adopted more! Isn't that wonderful? My husband and I are 46, so we feel that clock ticking too, as you said!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.