Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Open Your Eyes

 

Keith Green singing "Open Your Eyes"

 I opened my mouth a couple of days ago while cleaning the bathroom, I think,  and out came this song.  I hadn't thought of it, sang it, or heard it in so long that I can't remember when.  I wanted to share it here.  It was the words to the music God's been singing to me quietly, the same pool of words He's been sharing for awhile, that tune that begs surrender.

Years ago, when I was just a young girl I sang this along with the vinyl record ....over and over and I knew every word, pause, and breath of it.  Eventually, He lead me to attend this discipleship school and ministry lead by this artist, Keith Green.  From there I met my husband and so many more steps have brought me to here.  But, back then I was young and my heart was oh so  small.  He said there'd come a day when my heart would grow and I can feel it  s t r e t c h i ng, but it's more like the sprint at the end of a race, or transition at the end of your labor (if you've had a baby..yes, you get that)....it's large, intense, and coming at me quickly. But, I admit that I don't always know where to direct the feelings and where besides home to begin putting my hands to work. I'm learning that much of the things we are to do begin in secret and in invested hours of prayer.
 
I'm finding that around every corner of my  life are people feeling just like me...hearing similar whispers. Are you hearing it?  I'm learning that His love is way bigger than I dared imagine (I knew it was big before) and if I experience more of it, I have more of it to share.  I'm learning that He wants to come so much closer to us than I ever dared dream, He wants us to come way closer to each other than I ever felt comfortable before.  He is a God who will touch and be touched, who will clearly lead us, who turns our pain and sacrifice into treasures, and He is a God who goes out in front of us and also has our back.  He is not the kind  who asks of you what He was not willing to do Himself.  He has already come here and He has already given everything He could give.

Lastly, I snagged some quotes from Real Hope for HaitiTheir blog I read most every morning and look at the photos of children they are ministering to.  They are why I usually have had a short cry every day sometimes before 7 a.m. 

 “Love to be real, it must cost—it must hurt—it must empty us of self.”
― Mother Teresa


 “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
― Mother Teresa


 “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God’s kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.”
― Mother Teresa


 “The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”
― Mother Teresa

   
 “Live simply so others may simply live.”
― Mother Teresa




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.