Sunday, June 30, 2013

Holding on to May


Since school let out in May, life started feeling like a runaway train. Here are a few notables to remember May  by:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
May 1st we left the farm and headed to the land of the Grand Ole Opry!  It was time to attend the Christian Alliance for Orphans --Summit 9 in Nashville, TN.  (A thousand thank yous to "S" and "M", our dear friends, for making it possible for us to go).  
 
We  felt like youngsters shuffling from class to class through out the 2 day conference.  We took loads of notes, bought some books, learned so much, met some great people, but mostly soaked it all in as best as we could. 

While in Nashville, we visited the American Picker's store.  That's Tim having a look around. 






We browsed in the Red Bus Project store.   They are spreading awareness about the needs of orphans and raising money for orphan care.

We slipped over into KY to see my dear cousins, Cetreda and Shirley...they live near Possum Trot. I love this name so much--took some pictures and my cousin even bought me a t-shirt!



 On a Sunday morning, we left for home, but made one last stop to see my Uncle Leon (above).  He and some friends play gospel music for the residents of the La Center, KY nursing home each week on Sunday morning (8:30 sharp!)  I had to hold back tears while watching them play.......inspired by their efforts to encourage and bless the people that lived there.  
----------
Later in May, our #2 son left the land of the Ozark Hillbilly when he graduated high school. How proud we are of him!



Having cake at Mam's house after the ceremony.


Cutting his cake after graduation while his cousin, Taylor, smiles for the picture. :)  
 ~~~~
On Mother's Day, we tried to get a family picture in the field where buttercups were blooming like crazy.   Not one to mail with Christmas cards, but at least we were all together again (except Tim who was taking the picture).  ♥


Now we sit on the last day of June peering into July.  Looking ahead,  I'm feeling grateful that God's grace precedes all of our needs. 






4 comments:

  1. Possum Trot... who wouldn't want a T-shirt. Love it. Hope you are doing well. What a busy summer it has been for us and lots of changes as well. Hope your summer is going good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tessy, I am excited for you and your changes, though they can be daunting at times. I typically don't like big changes, even when they are needed. I've been praying for you during this sabbatical time. So good to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. May is my favorite month, it slips by way too fast, though I try to soak every minute out of it every year.

    Looks like a fun adventure filled May. Love the family picture. Does your camera have a feature where you can set it to "shoot" all of you? (sometimes you need to read your manual).

    Love how you hold on to family, both near and far!

    xoxo
    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I total agree although I've never articulated it before that May is my favorite month as well...something else we have in common, my friend!

      I do have that delay feature on the camera and I need to utilize it more often. Seems picture taking is an "event" that everyone here only barely tolerates. :) But, what treasures they are when you can snap a group picture from time to time.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.