Sunday, January 12, 2014

Open the Doors!



I walked down the hall just now in our little cabin and paused for a minute near the end.  The hallway has taken on 11 extra feet and where there once was a small den- turned library, there is now a freshly painted, crisp white wall.  Near the end of the new wall is something that I am mesmerized by....at the end of the wall is a doorway.

But this isn't the first new doorway I've encountered, lately....there have been a few.  And the other day, while I sat in the recliner in the early morning hours and prayed, I saw, in my mind's eye, a tiny scaled picture of what has been going on around here concerning........doorways.

I was standing in view of a row of doors.  My initial feeling was to leave them alone.  My vantage point was cozy, comfy, and "known".  I thought I 'd like to stay where I was. Those doors seemed to hold mystery beyond the twist of the handle.  Mystery, maybe change, and situations that could be out of my control are not the most appealing for me; or least have not been.  But, I am changing.  He is changing me.

 But why open those doors?  Why not stay here where it is good-- and familiar?

In my prayer I drew into a new perspective and could see that I was standing in a hallway;   it. wasn't. even. a. room.....  And it came to me  that although the hallway was nice, I was beginning to be drawn into opening those doors and walking through those doorways.   And the epiphany came slowly that there was a great reason to open them, no matter what was on the other side.  You see, I believed that opening them was a lot like opening a doorway to Jesus's heart....and HE himself would  be there with his great pleasure, his hand, and his presence in full measure on the other side of the door --to walk with  me through whatever I encountered there. 

Now there is a reason to open the door!


And back to our house and the hall that got a little longer;   we just keep walking down it and through the "doorway" and into that new room that we built for a small boy who we want to make our own.  All of us do.  We stand and stare at it, the new little bunk bed, the walls and windows.  We look at each other, and we look at the room again....like it's some sort of cathedral or shrine. We are in awe and still discovering all of the dimensions to this "room beyond the door" ---the door we opened a while back....the one called ADOPTION......But, I can tell you that it is corner to corner, and  floor to ceiling full of Jesus and the grace from God.  You and I can open our doors with confidence....He is there.



















2 comments:

  1. How good to have the door to your heart open wide. And how beautiful that you have said yes to God and that He awaits you in the center of the room that is filled with all the good things He has for all of you.

    So excited! He is good.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimmie. Love to see you here! Will keep you posted. :)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.