Thursday, October 18, 2018

Hope Cannot

Hope cannot forsake me, not this hope that comes in the night time waking hour.  The house is fast asleep and me, awake in an unsettled state.  I pray.


I fumble to find a way through the feelings that seem held close by the dark room and the uneasiness in my mind.  But I am learning to hope, and to hope quickly.  Hope cannot leave me alone.

Then my slow and timid prayers feel the whoosh of His presence, find the WAY through to that familiar flow who fills my feeble sounds like the hand fills the glove.  I hope-- and He carries my prayer up and up and up.  I abandon my own then and get carried away in the power of His--loftier, better, higher hopes and prayer. Hope cannot leave me alone.
  
What is the fear of the night compared to His presence?  It is a wisp and a mere moment, a fleck of dimness chased away with sudden light.  

Hope cannot disappoint when we hope in God.

In the midnight hour I hear from God of a hope sublime, so I look it up.  Sublime hope is grand hope.  Sublime hope is lofty, exalted in thought, expression, or manner.  Sublime hope is of outstanding spiritual, intellectual and moral worth.  Sublime hope inspires awe  usually because of elevated quality or transcendent excellence, says Merriam-Webster, and they are never wrong with words.  😉

Now the darkness must fear, and the daughter goes free to hope in God sublimely.  



Sublime: (lofty, grand, or exalted in thought, expression, or manner
bof outstanding spiritual, intellectual, or moral worth
ctending to inspire awe usually because of elevated quality (as of beauty, nobility, or grandeur) or transcendent excellence
2aarchaic high in place

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised to learn the definition of sublime. It’s not in my vocabulary. But now it will be. It’s one of those God breathed to Rhonda words that make me smile. It’s one of those words that make me marvel at His greatness in awe of the hope that only He can give. Thanks so much for sharing! I loved this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.