Thursday, November 8, 2018

Pictures in a Closet


Pictures in a closet, lend me a hand, 
 deliver warm delights of my bygone days.


Turning back pages, tearing away hard edges from me.


 I have been so hard on her all these years, but staring into her eyes now, I am wondering a long and deeply felt "why"? 

She didn't try... she simply was.  Flipping the old pages shook her awake in me.  She's sharing some nice things with 52 year old me.  I wish I had ran into her before.


Her small, yet powerful pose powerfully points the way forward to me in an easy, childish sort of way.


And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3


2 comments:

  1. Why does it take us so long to embrace us as we are? Why do we allow the enemy rob of us so many streaks of time?

    You are beautiful. Hope your heart is full and that God's heart is filling and leading yours.

    Miss you!

    Kimmie
    Mama to 8
    One homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmie, it's been so good to see your fingerprint on new posts and now a loving comment here. Thank you. It's so good to see you around and I missed you too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.