Saturday, October 19, 2019

We Worship


The singers stand ready on the stage, hearts warmly postured toward praise, their inward worship is stirred and spilling before a sound is made. 

The strings announce the sound and the drum leads this beautiful company forward. Their voices each rise like a plume of pure and golden breath, lifting like incense to Jesus; Savior.

We worship.

Voices tuned up, tuned in and tight-- spark a flame. As the song ascends, one bright and rising plume leans into the other and intertwines, one voice now clinging to the other, both disappearing into one fresh sound.  The next reaches and vines around them; like rivers converging into one.

We worship.

The horn breaks in, making declarations! Announcing freedom, proclaiming the kingdom come! We lift our eyes higher, our hearts beat together and we hone our gaze deeper into this place of reverence and awe.  

We worship.

A diverse gathering has joined the song; they feel the familiar ease of dear friends and exhale their cares into the bosom of family.

We worship.

May they be one as you and I are one.  John 17

3 comments:

  1. Rhonda, your written words are a creative light shining through life's foibles. You are blessed with an awesome gift. I love you, my beautiful niece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uncle James, I found your comment this morning and other comments on other posts that I think were hidden in a file on blogger. So I found myself deeply encouraged by your thoughts and feelings and your extravagant love and words of affirmation. I have to say they hold a significant place in my heart and life because you are so important to me. Thank you for who you are to me! I love you forever!

      Delete
    2. I added two more verses from when you first read it, so I hope you go back and catch the added bits!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.