Monday, January 8, 2018

1 Corinthians 12; A Winter Burial

 I search through this haze of winter thinking for something profound that is poking me.  And I've found a need for a January sepulchre.  It's a good thing to find a burial day for worn out old ways.  It's winter  again on the farm, and it's a winter's burial.  I will wander on through this and  settle it once and for all.  

Who am I here on earth, I ask again?  
Where am I in the midst of it all? 
 And in this Kingdom of friends, who is ... ME, and what is my part to play? 
Can I just continue to watch and not play?
Does it matter at all?

1 Corinthians 12:7 Each believer has received a gift that manifests the Spirit’s power and presence. That gift is given for the good of the whole community.

I have found a way around this most of my life, but somehow not today. These words ring out into my room.    

1 Corinthians 12:18 God has meticulously put this body together 

Yes, there I am.  I see it now, carefully woven into the whole. 

1 Corinthians 12:18 He placed each part in the exact place to perform the exact function He wanted. 

  How can I continue to wonder and indulge the doubt?  

27 You are the body of the Anointed, the Liberating King;  each and every one of you is a vital member.

And in this winter sepulchre the question and doubt must finally aptly rest.   

Romans 12: 5 Each one of us is joined with one another, and we become together what we could not be alone. Since our gifts vary depending on the grace poured out on each of us, it is important that we exercise the gifts we have been given.

Together, as one.  💓




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.