Saturday, January 13, 2018

It's a Saturday


It's a Saturday and a picture taking kind of day it seems to me.  Everything outside seemed to expand in my mind's eye as I walked around to enjoy a Saturday, doing chores and feeding the critters.   I snapped photos here and there, but the best things that I saw were in another lens. 



 In "another lens" I saw new fences stretched tight across the back acres, mended and painted ones on the north side, and new pickets around the little red shed out front. Such expansion!


I saw new babies on tiny hooves storming the little pasture with exuberance while their mothers were watching them with a cautious eye.  




  I saw more mulch on the garden holding in the rain and holding back the weeds. I saw rows of vegetables sprouting up, vines clinging to the arbor, Arkansas black apple trees lining the south field, flowers waving in the warm breeze, and such good things as that.


summer
                               

It is January, though, and cold.  All of this envisioning reminded me of this: 



Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see.

Outside, the baby goats are still snugged tight inside their mothers, I can not see them yet. Maybe they will arrive soon.  The apple trees are on order at the nursery, the fencing is yet in a roll on the ground, and the pile of mulch waits to be spread over the garden ground on a warmer day.  The seeds are in bottles in the kitchen, and Hope is a wonderful thing.



HOPE !



1 comment:

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.