Friday, January 12, 2018

Soup and Jesus

I drove to the other side of our small town and then up the snaking and steep hill to the top of a mountain called Manitou. I've made the climb many times over the last decade, and then some.  The sign at the top says, YWAM Ozarks., which stands for Youth With a Mission, which, to me, stands for laid down lovers of Jesus who serve and traverse the world to bring His life to all they encounter, including me and this little town.  It stands for missionaries, teachers, friends and a family. 💓

Now I'm back in my room remembering the evening there called, "Soup and Jesus".  "Soup and Jesus" is a meal, a celebrating friendships, an offering of song and teaching and time together.   A verse sat beside each plate in keeping with the theme of the evening;  Remembering.  Look! Here is my verse on the bright blue card! I took a picture of it for you.   


I want to remember.  This call resonates deep within me. I want to steward the "wonder" of Jesus well with the remembering.  Always remembering. 

So, we ate the salad, the wonderful soup, and the bread that no one can get quite enough of.  Over dinner and coffee we reconnect and renew with time spent together. 

It is late now, but before I rest, I'm remembering the faces around the table and around the room.  I'm remembering the words spoken and songs sung.  I'm sleepy now, but remembering just a little longer.  😊  



1 comment:

  1. This caused me to remember “accidentally” winding up in the same location recently due to wanting to take s different route into the sleepy little mountain town. I gasped in awe when vineyards turned into that beautiful expansive view at the top of the hill. I felt the closeness of God!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.