Monday, January 8, 2018

1 Corinthians 12; A Winter Burial

 I search through this haze of winter thinking for something profound that is poking me.  And I've found a need for a January sepulchre.  It's a good thing to find a burial day for worn out old ways.  It's winter  again on the farm, and it's a winter's burial.  I will wander on through this and  settle it once and for all.  

Who am I here on earth, I ask again?  
Where am I in the midst of it all? 
 And in this Kingdom of friends, who is ... ME, and what is my part to play? 
Can I just continue to watch and not play?
Does it matter at all?

1 Corinthians 12:7 Each believer has received a gift that manifests the Spirit’s power and presence. That gift is given for the good of the whole community.

I have found a way around this most of my life, but somehow not today. These words ring out into my room.    

1 Corinthians 12:18 God has meticulously put this body together 

Yes, there I am.  I see it now, carefully woven into the whole. 

1 Corinthians 12:18 He placed each part in the exact place to perform the exact function He wanted. 

  How can I continue to wonder and indulge the doubt?  

27 You are the body of the Anointed, the Liberating King;  each and every one of you is a vital member.

And in this winter sepulchre the question and doubt must finally aptly rest.   

Romans 12: 5 Each one of us is joined with one another, and we become together what we could not be alone. 6 Since our gifts vary depending on the grace poured out on each of us, it is important that we exercise the gifts we have been given.

Together, as one.  💓




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.