Monday, September 5, 2016

Eavesdropping

Eavesdropping..........I was listening intently to this curious language concerning me and you:

Father, just as you are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us.....................(John 17:21)


Eavesdropping, I was. I was listening to the tender intent of intimate inclusion. I follow along softly and timidly:

 "May they also be in us", he asks........

Eavesdropping and hearing this sacred desire concerning us:

 ...may they be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

 I hear his intent to pull away the blindness from our eyes....prayers of deepest desire for this: ..."that the world may believe"...... Jesus  has such desires and they are all wrapped up in us, even to this very moment we are sharing here together. ♥ 

And we have to wonder some Monday-wondering-whys:  Like why does heaven want us so much?  Why does Jesus pray for us to be one with Him and His Father?  Why are we so cherished and desired? Why are we the objects of His love?  But also, why are we not amazed at all of this to the point of utter distraction?  Why is this not causing a complete train wreck of distraction in our every day living--- to realize that God wants to bring us and join us up with Him?  Aw........this is the best, most comforting wondering of my Labor Day. ♥ 

Gentle Jesus, I hear your prayers for me and all those now, before, and after me.....this loving concern that we could see with heart-eyes--- with faith-sightedness and come into You ( I make up words when I need to)......not earthen eyes of skepticism, refusing to believe You.
You speak to Your Father and He always hears......and I am hearing, too, because we were allowed to eavesdrop like this. ♥


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited that you are writing again! I love catching a glimpse of your heart and feeling the love of our Father envelope me as i read your words, and His words. What a privilege it is to be cherished by Him. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treasure! I feel rich! I AM rich!! Thank you for this nugget! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing a minute or two with me. Your comments are much appreciated.